CalCCW  

Go Back   CalCCW > Concealed Carry in California > Vendors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendors CCW Related vendor links & recommendations.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 01:58 PM

Default Gun Show in Vallejo, Solano County

Never been to a gun show but was thinking about this one.

ANy info on this show? Thanks

Apr 4-5 Vallejo, Solano County Fairgrounds 900 Fairgrounds Drive Code of the West 530-676-8762

Jeff Cooper once wrote, “If your pistol is not within reach as you are reading this, you haven’t learned the lessons we teach at Gunsite”

NRA Life Member
Old 03-30-2009, 03:52 PM

Don't have anymore info then the dates but I'm going. Went to one there a few years back thought I'd go just to see what's there.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:50 PM

I'll probably be going to purchase some shotgun and some .308 ammo. The booth WILL be crazy!
Old 03-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberDude View Post
I'll probably be going to purchase some shotgun and some .308 ammo. The booth WILL be crazy!
Get there before they open for the 308 ammo. If it is anything like the last Reno show I went to the 308 was almost nonexistent by the time I got in about 20-30 minutes after the opening.

Have fun.

spc
"The difference between someone on the left and us, is we instinctively understand this through common sense, education and intelligence -- while liberals have trust issues, control issues and view the world from fantasy land."

Old 03-30-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spc View Post
Get there before they open for the 308 ammo. If it is anything like the last Reno show I went to the 308 was almost nonexistent by the time I got in about 20-30 minutes after the opening.

Have fun.

spc
What's a "decent' price for some .308, and none of that Wolf "polycoat" stuff? I heard that kind of ammo is bad for the extractors. Is it a myth or true?
Old 03-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Founding Member

Quote:

Have fun.

spc
Ar you planing on going to the reno show in April?
Old 03-31-2009, 10:51 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigman View Post
Ar you planing on going to the reno show in April?
Yes I am planning on the Crossroads show this coming weekend. I took a HARD fall in our Masters Super G and bruised ribs so I have plenty of light duty recovery time on my hands.
PM me for possible hook-up.

spc
"The difference between someone on the left and us, is we instinctively understand this through common sense, education and intelligence -- while liberals have trust issues, control issues and view the world from fantasy land."

Old 03-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberDude View Post
What's a "decent' price for some .308, and none of that Wolf "polycoat" stuff? I heard that kind of ammo is bad for the extractors. Is it a myth or true?
Lately if you can find it surplus 308 is probably in the 50-60cents per round neighborhood. I saw some Lake City 308 @ about $850 per 1000 last week on one site.

The steel cases are probably rough on the extractors and extensive use could wear on the chamber and other contact areas. My thoughts are east block ammo for east block firearms.

YMMV

spc

Old 03-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Never been to a gun show but was thinking about this one.

ANy info on this show? Thanks

Apr 4-5 Vallejo, Solano County Fairgrounds 900 Fairgrounds Drive Code of the West 530-676-8762
I stopped going, not worth it in my opinion unless you simply want to support the show. Just wait for the Cow Palace or Reno gun show. The last Cow Palace show was awsome. Lots of OLL and ammo.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Lately if you can find it surplus 308 is probably in the 50-60cents per round neighborhood. I saw some Lake City 308 @ about $850 per 1000 last week on one site.

The steel cases are probably rough on the extractors and extensive use could wear on the chamber and other contact areas. My thoughts are east block ammo for east block firearms.

YMMV

spc
What web site would that be? Please share.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:30 PM

I went to both the Vallejo gun show this weekend (Jan 30-31) and the Cow Palace Gun Show two weeks ago (Jan 16-17). The Vallejo show was head-and-shoulders better.

The Cow Palace had a big building, but more than 60% of it was stuff that was non-gun related. Sham-wows, beef jerky, remote control helicopters, overpriced Chinese flashlights, cheap necklaces and earrings, polished stones, non-collectible coins, and bumper stickers. Everyone walking around had a sour look on their face, as if to say "Damn, I paid over $20 (admission plus parking) to get into this low-grade swap meet? Get me out of here!"

Meanwhile, the Vallejo show probably took up 1/2 the space, but it was 99% gun vendors (there was someone selling beef jerky and someone selling bandanas, but the rest was gun-related). There was not only a ton of ammo, but TONS of guns. It was packed with people, and while the total attendance was probably lower than the Cow Palace, it seemed busier due to the smaller room, and everyone was walking around smiling, enjoying the gun culture.

I understand, California gun shows aren't what they used to be and pale to other states... but the Vallejo show this weekend was an A+. It felt like a gun show and I saw a lot of things I would have bought if I wasn't worried about the wife ragging me. Meanwhile, at the Cow Palace, about the only thing I felt like buying was the seedless popcorn.

The Cow Palace folks should kick out the toy vendors, save money on a smaller venue, and turn it back into a gun show. They've done it in Vallejo, and it was great.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:54 PM

Haven't been to that one but just went to the one in Fresno yesterday. Great place to p/u ammo.