CalCCW  

Go Back   CalCCW > Concealed Carry in California > General CCW Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 07:11 PM

Default BLM Land.....

Before I got my permit we used to go out onto BLM land and just go shooting.....no big deal. I think once a ranger came to check to make sure all was legal, but otherwise no contact what so ever.

Well since I have gotten my permit, I am very worried that if I get an over zealous ranger or for some reason get ticket for shooting on BLM land. Would that result on my losing my permit?

It doesn't matter if it is a legit ticket or not...if I got the ticket, I don't believe I would be able to keep my ccw.

I keep thinking that I read somewhere that if I get a ticket for 'unlawful discharge of a firearm' I would lose my permit, and rightly so.

Does anyone know the specifics of BLM land shooting etc.

Thanks

Last edited by dtt255 : 01-02-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtt255 View Post
Before I got my permit we used to go out onto BLM land and just go shooting.....no big deal. I think once a ranger came to check to make sure all was legal, but otherwise no contact what so ever.

Well since I have gotten my permit, I am very worried that if I get an over zealous ranger or for some reason get ticket for shooting on BLM land. Would that result on my losing my permit?

It doesn't matter if it is a legit ticket or not...if I got the ticket, I don't believe I would be able to keep my ccw.

I keep thinking that I read somewhere that if I get a ticket for 'unlawful discharge of a firearm' I would lose my permit, and rightly so.

Does anyone know the specifics of BLM land shooting etc.

Thanks
Normally legal on most BLM land. Certain districts have closures for verious reasons (usually fire danger). It's best to check with the local BLM office where you are going shooting every time you go out to get the latest info on closures in that area.
Good idea to get the name of who you contacted. That way you can show your IA that you had good intentions and didn't knowingly break the rules.
"We therefore hold that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment incorporates the Second Amendment right recognized in Heller. The judgment of the Court of Appeals is reversed, and the case is remanded for further proceedings.
It is so ordered." (McDonald p. 44,45 - SCOTUS No. 08–1521. Argued March 2, 2010—Decided June 28, 2010)
Quote:
"Those who built on the wall, and those who carried burdens, loaded themselves so that with one hand they worked at construction, and with the other held a weapon." - Nehemiah 4:17
Old 01-02-2012, 08:51 PM

contact your local BLM office first

then go shooting

always practice the 6 P's

Disclosure is Bliss
Old 01-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Senior Founding Member & Social Director

certain guns are also allowed in certain areas also. Yes, discharge in a gross negligent manner your CCW is history. If convicted, you lose your guns for life. That is a felony conviction.

Be Safe, Be Confident, Get Trained! ® Copyrighted 1996

Amateurs Talk Hardware (Guns)

Professionals Talk Software (Training)

greg@firearmstraining.com

Oh Yeah! "Piss On Golf! Waste of a good range." Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman (Ret.) 1998
Old 01-06-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post

always practice the 6 P's
what are the 6 P's?
please, please, please, please, please,please?

or

perfect pratice pleases polly pocket people?
Old 01-06-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman86gt View Post
what are the 6 P's?
please, please, please, please, please,please?

or

perfect pratice pleases polly pocket people?
Pre-Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Disclosure is Bliss
Old 01-06-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
Pre-Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
Exactly I recently went on BLM land where only shotguns were allowed they also restricted the shot size. The way I found this out was drum role I called ahead.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:38 AM

My nearest BLM land (Cow Mt.) has an area for target shooting. It has permanent shooting bench rests and target stands out to 500+ yards. I've gone shooting all over Cow Mt. not just in the dedicated target shooting area and I've never had a problem. Like the others I think you should call the field office and ask them about shooting. If you get the green light, I recommend you stop shooting a half hour before sunset and wait till a half hour after sunrise to shoot and always pick up your trash, old targets and brass.

Don't lose your head