CalCCW  

Go Back   CalCCW > Concealed Carry in California > General CCW Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 11:26 PM

Default Warning Shots - No Charges Chico, CA

Chico couple awaken to find intruder in bedroom - Chico Enterprise Record

CHICO At about 6 a.m. today, a man and his wife awakened in their home in the 1200 block of Humboldt Road, to discover a young male standing next to their bed.

According to a Chico police press release, the man and his wife screamed at the intruder to leave, but the male continued to stand where he was.

The husband then reportedly told the man he had a gun and the suspect began to walk slowly through the house to the back door.

"The male victim armed himself with a handgun and fired two warning shots into the ground in the backyard as the suspect fled," said the release.

Chico police discovered the suspect still running and jumping fences in the area of Virginia and Bruce streets.

At about 6:15 a.m. the suspect a 17-year-old was taken into custody. The teen was taken to Butte County Juvenile Hall on charges of burglary and being under the influence of a controlled substance.
GUN CONTROL: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Ask me how to get Front Sight Memberships or Certificates.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:11 AM

At about 6:15 a.m. the suspect a 17-year-old was taken into custody. The teen was taken to Butte County Juvenile Hall on charges of burglary and being under the influence of a controlled substance.[/quote]

Now that would be scary to wake up to a stranger standing by your bed. Makes for good justification for a home alarm system... or a dog that barks.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:42 AM

Not smart at all, victim fires as the perp is running away.

Negligent discharge of a firearm, shooting( even be it at the ground) when the threat was no longer present.

Hmmmmmmm he must have friends in high places to not have charges filed.

RK

Ca., Utah, Oregon & AZ. complete.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:01 AM

It's Butte Co., they do things a little different up there. I'm not all that surprised there weren't charges filed against the homeowner. He is very lucky though. All in all, it was a very bad idea.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyNilly View Post
It's Butte Co., they do things a little different up there. I'm not all that surprised there weren't charges filed against the homeowner. He is very lucky though. All in all, it was a very bad idea.
I don't know how many of you remember, but last year a Fireman in Chico was charged with exposing a concealed firearm in a school zone when he drew his weapon in response to two young adults pointing an airsoft with a laser at him.

But the PD and DA don't do anything when someone fires his weapon to a fleeing suspect. Just wrong.
GUN CONTROL: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Ask me how to get Front Sight Memberships or Certificates.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:00 PM

"School zone" = operative words.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:36 PM

Smart, not smart.....depends on how you look at it.

Smart to get in the guy's mind what could have happened to him during his friendly visit. Ever been shot at? I imagine hearing those shots just about put the fear of God in that young man's footsteps!!! Think he might think twice next time before walking into your bedroom? Yeah, what if your bedroom was next on his list and he decided it wasn't worth the possible risk of being shot? Would you think it wasn't smart then?

Bang, bang, "...And don't come back! Hear!!!"

Love Northern CA!

Not smart in the eyes of our not-always-so-smart justice system, sure.

I'm all for sending a loud and clear message to the thugs as they run out of my house, but I know the odds are against me in the system that favors them. So, no shots from me in that case, but I'd be hating it!

"A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Anyone wanting to add conditions for the excercise of this fundamental right is NOT a supporter of the Second Amendment or a friend of this Republic. Any man debarred the use of arms is NOT a free man!

Last edited by derringer : 08-04-2011 at 11:40 PM.