CalCCW  

Go Back   CalCCW > Concealed Carry in California > Carry Guns & Ammo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Carry Guns & Ammo Where to talk about what you carry and why.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 03:47 PM

Default Glock G42

Is this gun CA legal? I think I read - NO.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrink View Post
Is this gun CA legal? I think I read - NO.
The G42 is not on the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale in California, but it is not illegal to own one in California. It only means that you cannot buy one new from a dealer unless you are a LEO. You can always check yourself on the DOJ website, Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale - Firearms Division - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

"“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” Isaac Asimov

“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” -- Rudyard Kipling.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:45 PM
Senior Founding Member

The real question is why would you want one?

I would because I have almost every model of GLOCK made (not every generation of every model).

I would also, because I like quirky guns, and this looks pretty quirky to me!

But as a practical firearm for concealed carry, why not find a 9mm that is just as compact with better stopping power? I think the Ruger LC9 is about the same size. I would have to double check, but there must be others out there too.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVSmith View Post
The real question is why would you want one?

I would because I have almost every model of GLOCK made (not every generation of every model).

I would also, because I like quirky guns, and this looks pretty quirky to me!

But as a practical firearm for concealed carry, why not find a 9mm that is just as compact with better stopping power? I think the Ruger LC9 is about the same size. I would have to double check, but there must be others out there too.
Feel the same way, is see the glock 42 only being a gun a women or an old man would own. Don't really see a point for the .380 myself.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:39 PM
Banned

http://www.calccw.com/Forums/general...2-380-ccw.html
Old 01-14-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailslide View Post
The G42 is not on the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale in California, but it is not illegal to own one in California. It only means that you cannot buy one new from a dealer unless you are a LEO. You can always check yourself on the DOJ website, Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale - Firearms Division - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General
In addition...
The Glock 42 will never be listed on the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale; because it does not have a "chamber load indicator", "magazine disconnect mechanism" and "microstamping array". All of which are required on every semi-auto centerfire pistol submitted for testing since 05-17-2013.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:38 AM

The Glock 42 leads to the path of a single stack 9mm ....I may pick one up if I can do a SSE.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:31 PM

I have had a Glock 23 since 1992. It has never failed to go bang. Since getting my CCW I have got a Kahr P380 and a Kahr CW9. Both are much more concealable then the Glock. All are on my CCW. Hard to beat the concealability of my P380, but it has had its issues with jams. My CW9 has had one misfire in 500 rounds. Bottom line, the Glock is realible, and a fair price. All that said, the new Glock is not CA legal, so I will be well served by my two Kahrs, and Glock 40 when needed.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:32 PM

Got a G42 and it is a great mini Glock. Yes, not a 9 mm, but a great gun and 100% Glock reliable. I now have my Kahr 9 for sale. I still plan to keep my P380 due to its size. That said, I would trust my life better to my Glocks. No issue registering the G42 on my license, also registered my Ruger Single Six just because. All legal
Old 06-10-2014, 10:44 PM

Stoping power! Hate to tell you but there is no such thing . Shot placement yes. I just bought a G42 I have 9 more days till I pick it up. Then my Sig P938

"Ive seen 45 bullets stop earth rotation. But so does the wifes breath in the middle of the night."
Old 06-11-2014, 06:57 AM

I have been thinking about a G42 for my wife, but heard they are having a lot of problems. She shoots 9 and 40 but doesn't like to. Hoping she would enjoy shooting it.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:56 AM
Sacramento Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetsnaz View Post
Feel the same way, is see the glock 42 only being a gun a women or an old man would own. Don't really see a point for the .380 myself.
Well, my SIG P238 (.380) has more stopping power, holstered and in my pocket, than my S&W .45 has sitting in the Safe at home!!!

Different guns for different occasions!!! Any CCW handgun that you carry consistently/every day, is better than the biggest caliber handgun you have, sitting home in the safe while you're out and about.

My S&W .45 is for H/D and my 9mm & .40 are in my CCW rotation.
CA - Done
Old 06-11-2014, 05:39 PM

First outing with my G42 was 100%. I had rounds that my P380 failed to fire (firing pin indent, but no fire), get sucked up with the Glock. Seems very reliable as my other 22 years old Glock has been.

All that said, it is hard to beat the size of the P380. It is very reliable with the right ammo. I still trust the Glock more, but what you have in your pocket is what matters. The G23 is usually at home, ready, unless out hiking or camping
Old 06-11-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailslide View Post
You can get one sse...my guy has every model for sale.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Sacramento Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
You can get one sse...my guy has every model for sale.
Your guy???
CA - Done