CalCCW  

Go Back   CalCCW > Concealed Carry in California > Carry Guns & Ammo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Carry Guns & Ammo Where to talk about what you carry and why.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Senior Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cksh8me View Post
The illegal suggestion has been deleted
The purpose of this site is to inform and support those looking to obtain a CCW in a lawful manner. Your advise regarding purchase of a firearm is fringe at best and illegal at worst. Please take it to some other site. It is not welcome here.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCCW03 View Post
Or just buy a CA legal pistol and leave it at that.
Best advice of the thread. You can, in Kern county put a non-list gun on your permit, as long as it is legally purchased and owned. There is a shop in Tehachapi that has (or had) Kel-Tek 9 mm pistols for PPT. That could be put on your permit in Kern. I do not, however, know how the capacity restrictions apply.

I have a Model 19 S&W. Purchased legally in state PPT for sentimental reasons (I had one as a carry gun about 150 years ago when I worked for Westec - Now Edison, security - got to love those Chartreuse patrol cars!).

It is legal to have on my permit although I chose not to. It doesn't conceal too well!
Old 11-26-2007, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMONEY View Post
Is there an LEO that wants to buy the RCP and then sell it to me? That would be nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertarian View Post
I expect even if you did find an RCP for sale in Ca, you'd pay a huge premium for it.. and the idea of carrying a $2,000 pistol that'd be instantly confiscated if you used it wouldn't really be appealing to me.
WTS: Kimber RCP & CZ-83 - Calguns.net

GMONEY, your wish has been answered.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:43 PM

I'm not sure I understand the fascination with the rcp thing... but I guess life would be boring if we only had one single model of the 1911...

Has anyone besides the guy at m1911.org actually seen a colt agent? It looks kinda like it's got one of those gutter things instead of real sights... wonder if it will make the california-not-unsafe-mydon'tweallfeelbetternow-list?

"Greebo turned upon Granny Weatherwax a yellow-eyed stare of self-satisfied malevolence, such as cats always reserve for people who don't like them, and purred. Greebo was possibly the only cat who could snigger in purr"

Greebo the Cat - Terry Pratchett "Witches Abroad"
Old 11-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Senior Founding Member & Social Director

sombody on this forum Has a Colt agent. I've seen it several times. The sights suck. It is a Colt though.

Be Safe, Be Confident, Get Trained! Copyrighted 1996

Amateurs Talk Hardware (Guns)

Professionals Talk Software (Training)

greg@firearmstraining.com

Oh Yeah! "Piss On Golf! Waste of a good range." Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman (Ret.) 1998
Old 11-27-2007, 12:19 PM

I've seen some of the new colt's recently.... they are almost getting good enough to make me want to buy one... the fitting is still so-so and the grip safety stuff is so...well...looks like it was designed by a commitee... having said that... I will be going to the SHOT show in Feb. ... perhaps they will have something interesting to show... like a 10mm or a nicely done 38 super.... which is next on my list... but as of now it looks like Les Baer is number one on the list....but the agent looked interesting if you are into the little short barrel 1911 thing..

The Para-ord 5 inch gun I just purchased seems to be running way better than the kimber ever did....

"Greebo turned upon Granny Weatherwax a yellow-eyed stare of self-satisfied malevolence, such as cats always reserve for people who don't like them, and purred. Greebo was possibly the only cat who could snigger in purr"

Old 11-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Senior Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato View Post
I've seen some of the new colt's recently.... they are almost getting good enough to make me want to buy one... the fitting is still so-so and the grip safety stuff is so...well...looks like it was designed by a commitee... having said that... I will be going to the SHOT show in Feb. ... perhaps they will have something interesting to show... like a 10mm or a nicely done 38 super.... which is next on my list... but as of now it looks like Les Baer is number one on the list....but the agent looked interesting if you are into the little short barrel 1911 thing..

The Para-ord 5 inch gun I just purchased seems to be running way better than the kimber ever did....
Problem is will any of those ever be on the Cal DOJ approved list?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:08 PM

No... and I won't have the money to buy one until I retire and then I will be dependant upon the "list"... but that is pessimism... California is a big market and Colt has some guns on the list but alas...no 38 supers or 10mms...at this time... perhaps they will by the time the new micro-stamping crap comes into play... or perhaps I should mortgage one of the kids and have Tussey build me a couple of guns... Hmmm... matching caspian frames... one in 38super/9x23 and the other in 10mm and maybe even a third in a caliber like...ooo...45acp.... before I retire and have to submit to the list...

Only accurate..dependable guns are interesting....and the 1911 is what I started with when I decided revolvers weren't everything...they are alot...but not everything

Old 11-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Senior Founding Member

Quote:
No... and I won't have the money to buy one until I retire and then I will be dependant upon the "list"... but that is pessimism... California is a big market and Colt has some guns on the list but alas...no 38 supers or 10mms...at this time... perhaps they will by the time the new micro-stamping crap comes into play... or perhaps I should mortgage one of the kids and have Tussey build me a couple of guns... Hmmm... matching caspian frames... one in 38super/9x23 and the other in 10mm and maybe even a third in a caliber like...ooo...45acp.... before I retire and have to submit to the list...

Only accurate..dependable guns are interesting....and the 1911 is what I started with when I decided revolvers weren't everything...they are alot...but not everything

Yeah I am not even talking about the "microstamping" list, when and if it comes out. Just the current list. A lot of the new guns are not being submitted for testing. Unless some of these, by their possible design similarity, are grandfathered in.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:34 PM

Well... at least we KNOW they are NOT UNSAFE!... gee I feel relieved...the Government is taking care of me and all will be well now....

I guess the old cold fitz special I saw recently.. a real one.. in 45 colt.. and for sale at a silly low price... which was still outa my budget ...is unsafe?

Gosh, good thing I don't live in Inyo County where they can only have a gun on their permit if it is on the list... cause then I would have to quit carrying that old worthless warhorse my grandad used in WWII/Korea/Vietnam/wherever... gosh if grandad had only known the gun could have been unsafe and had never been tested by the g'uvmnt...

sorry... is the saracasm dripping on the page? I thought having a dangerous gun was part of the point...venting here...

Old 11-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Well... at least we KNOW they are NOT UNSAFE!... gee I feel relieved...the Government is taking care of me and all will be well now....

I guess the old cold fitz special I saw recently.. a real one.. in 45 colt.. and for sale at a silly low price... which was still outa my budget ...is unsafe?

Gosh, good thing I don't live in Inyo County where they can only have a gun on their permit if it is on the list... cause then I would have to quit carrying that old worthless warhorse my grandad used in WWII/Korea/Vietnam/wherever... gosh if grandad had only known the gun could have been unsafe and had never been tested by the g'uvmnt...

sorry... is the saracasm dripping on the page? I thought having a dangerous gun was part of the point...venting here...
Then you better not read any gun related issues from the Consumer Federation of America.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKC View Post
Then you better not read any gun related issues from the Consumer Federation of America.
No... I don't think I shall read the drivel... would only make me mad...er...
I do so appreciate the opportunity to vent with like minded folks...